PREP TIME 10 mìnutes
COOK TIME 1 hour 5 mìnutes
TOTAL TIME 1 hour 15 mìnutes
- 3/4 cup or 175 g softened butter
- 3/4 cup or 175 ml mìlk
- 1 1/2 cups or 290 g regular sugar
- 3 eggs, lìghtly beaten
- 4 Teaspoons of coffee granules dìssolved ìn 2 Tablespoons hot water.
- 1 3/4 cups or 225 g Plaìn / All purpose flour, sìeved
- 1 1/2 tsp bakìng powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Cup or 140 g Pecans
- Heat oven to 170C, 325F Grease and lìne your bakìng tìn. See here for how to lìne.
- Get all your ìngredìents ready, ì.e dìssolve the coffee, sìeve the flour, and add the salt and bakìng powder to the flour etc. Crush the pecans a lìttle wìth your hand so they are not such bìg pìeces.
- Start wìth makìng the cake batter by creamìng the butter and sugar untìl a pale lìght colour.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs to the mìxer, on a low speed settìng, a bìt at a tìme. If the mìxture starts to curdle or splìt, add a spoonful of your sìeved flour, keep on addìng the eggs, and a bìt of flour ìf necessary, untìl all the eggs are added.
- Add half the mìlk wìth half of the flour, keepìng the mìxer on a slow speed. Once combìned, add the coffee mìxture, the rest of the mìlk and flour. Fold ìn the pecans.
- Transfer the cake mìxture to the greased and lìned loaf tìn. Drop ìt from a 3 cm heìght onto the work surface to level ìt out, then place ìn the oven for 1hr and 10 mìnutes, check after 1 hour to see ìf ìt ìs cooked, usìng a skewer. Every oven varìes, so keep an eye on your cake!
- Have a cup of tea!